Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peers

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am trying to make holes in sheet metal component in refrence to other sheet metal component (both the components are part of an assembly and both of them are "ACTIVE"). To my surprise I am not able to pick up the center point (or any other point) inspite of "peers command" ON.

I am not able to figure out the reason.

I use Peers so often but I have started to face this issue. I am on ST10 version

I have an observation that "Base" part has inter part links to an another component. Does that makes any difference.

Also if I break the links, I am able to use peers!

Files are attached

13 REPLIES

Re: Peers

Genius
Genius

This is one of my pet peeves (synchronous). The hole command will not pick peer holes, however circles drawn in a sketch will. So you have two options:

1. use sketch and extrude cut (or place hole after sketch, then it will lock onto the new sketch)

2. create the hole somewhere and drag (synchronous) until it locks onto the peer hole.

edit: having looked at your file I see it's ordered. Which part are you trying to edit and which holes in particular? I seem to be able to pick most of the peer points fine.

Harri

Betreff: Peers

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shiv_Madan

Hi @hjoy

I believe the problem is coming from another issue and rule of SE.

For the Base_2.psm there already exists another interpart realtion to another assembly or psm

nd one part can only have interpart to one another document, as I remember.

Deleting those interpart connection will allow YOu immedeately to establish the wanted hole to hole connection

20180404_0819.PNG20180404_0823.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shiv_Madan

regading my previous answer let me add one additional opinion:

"Changing to Synchronous will allow You to pass the obsticles of ordered interpart limits!"

You simply can place any geometry in regard to any other parts geometry and You can move both together in one single operation!

Another big advantage of sync!

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

@hawcad

except holes Smiley Wink

Harri

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad

@hawcadwrote:

Hi @Shiv_Madan

Hi @hjoy

I believe the problem is coming from another issue and rule of SE.

For the Base_2.psm there already exists another interpart realtion to another assembly or psm

Deleting those interpart connection will allow YOu immedeately to establish the wanted hole to hole connection

20180404_0819.PNG20180404_0823.PNG

"

"

This is not the case I have tried peers with different parts (files attached below [open the assembly peers problem assembly-with two or more parts ]). I guess there is some another problem here

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hjoy

@hjoywrote:

This is one of my pet peeves (synchronous). The hole command will not pick peer holes, however circles drawn in a sketch will. So you have two options:

1. use sketch and extrude cut (or place hole after sketch, then it will lock onto the new sketch)

2. create the hole somewhere and drag (synchronous) until it locks onto the peer hole.

edit: having looked at your file I see it's ordered. Which part are you trying to edit and which holes in particular? I seem to be able to pick most of the peer points fine.

Harri

I am trying to make holes in ''base" component with respect to "ear"

I tried to make the holes the way you said (to make the holes of ear in ordered) but still it("it" here mentions to peers) is not picking up the holes when I try to use hole command in base component

Genius
Genius

I see what you mean @Shiv_Madan, a possible workaround would be to project your holes to a sketch. Then the hole tool will lock to the projected curves.

Harri

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This error is becoming prominent and has started to occur in many assemblies.

Please anyone suggest what to do!

Phenom
Phenom

It sounds to me like you are trying add the hole out of context of the correct assembly or part. When interpart links are established inside of a certain assembly, you must then edit that part always from the same assembly. If you create subassembly1 and have it open, and edit a part and add interpart links, then you place subassembly1 into a higher level AssemblyA, then attempt to enter the subassembly1, and then go into the part with the links, you cannot add more interpart links since it was created in the context of subassembly1, not AssemblyA. You would have to close out of these, open subassembly1 by itself, then edit part in place and do your interpart linking.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"