Permanently changing background color

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I know how to change the background color, but when I close the program and repoen it, the background is again Gradient. Is it a way to make it permanent?

The way that I make the color change is:

1- Solid Edge options --> Colors -- > Background: White

2- View --> View Override --> Background --> Solid Edge Default

Thank you.

7 REPLIES

Re: Permanently changing background color

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

You need to make these types of "perpetual" changes to each of your [.PAR, .PSM, .ASM] template files, for them to have these properties at each NEW files creation. [found in the Solid Edge installation folder on your "C:" drive]

[Note: this "View Stlye" is also stored in each file, so you'd need to adjust all existing files manually......recommend using the organizer to update them] [make sure your ".MTL" file is updated to the correct style....by opening the template[s], running the "<< Copy" from the right side "Default"]

SE_ST7_Model_Styles.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

As Sean illustrates, this is one of those PIA deals in SE.

It's really too bad we still need to COPY and SAVE these "styles" manually as well as individually, when we want to make a change. There needs to be a more effective and less time consuming way. We need more of Solid Edge's Dialog boxes to allow for "Save as Default" and have this propagate back to the Original Templates.

I also find opening up older files to see things vastly different then my current settings. So again it would nice to have a check box when opening a par, dft, or asm to UPDATE the Styles to the User's current settings. And take it a step further so that when opening an Assembly you can update All the Sub Assemblies, Parts, etc.

Think about what a pain it is now to Update an OLD Draft that is still sporting a 4 year old Title Block that's out of date.

Bob

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you very much Sean and Bob. Your comments were of great help and it work.

Genius
Genius

You can also do this with the open save macro in the macro folder of solid edge.

I know it's really a PITA. But there are also some macro's available on the web if you look for it.

Hopefully SE changes this in future releases of SE.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

Genius
Genius

Xedu-2014-09-12-N°01.png

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Xedu... didn't know about that,