Physical properties with configurations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good afternoon,

I use a big assembly with multiple options. To make make combinations i use display configurations. 

Next i want to know whats the weight. Then the problem comes in, ST7 weights al the parts even if they are turned off. 

Is there a solution to fix this problem?

5 REPLIES

Re: Physical properties with configurations

add the items you wish to inquire to the active select set, then run the physical properties.  thIs will analize only what is in the selet set.

So since you already have different configs...  just set the config you desire, select all, then analize for mass.

HTH

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

But don't try to get the masses on a single drawing sheet.  The mass and CG location will only show the latest physical properties update that was saved at the model level.  I'm still trying to verify a repeat-offender in a way that I can submit a PR on this.  We could potentially have a lot of CG locations on drawings that are wrong.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The next step that i wanted was to put a CG location on the draft that belongs to the configuration. 

So this isn't possible and Solid Edge is working on it?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Turning off physical properties with occurence properties for particular parts or assemblies is a possibility but occurence properties don't follow configs so you have to always be aware of the settings as conditions change.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

You can put the CG location on the draft.  We do it all the time and it works fine until you get into Family of Assemblies.

Once you have a FoA, then the physical properties (CG location) is associated with the last active family member upon saving of the model file.  Therefore, regardless of which family member is displayed in a draft view, the CG locations will all read the same.

It took us a while to find this bug because our flight hardware configurations are very closely matched in weight and CG. That's why we're trying to create some examples that are more obviously wrong but with the same repeatable error so we can submit a PR with GTAC.