Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping Licence

Phenom
Phenom

I'm trying to set up the Piping module in SE. We have both SE Classic + Xpresroute and SE Premium licences which as far as I'm aware gives me both the routing environment (Xpresroute) and the Piping standard parts library. I've set up standard parts database/administrator on a server.

If I'm placing a bolt or structural member from standard parts this works fine, however, when I try to create a piping route I get an error "Your licence does not allow the placement of the specified part".

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or do I need to buy (yet another) add-on to enable this?

9 REPLIES

Betreff: Piping Licence

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Alex_H

I believe, that the Piping Library always is an extra license and it is NOT included into xPresRoute or Premium

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @hawcad, that's what I feared.

Seems a bit mean from @Siemens given that we've already paid for both Xpresroute and Premium and the cad files are already sitting there in the parts library....

HI @Alex_H

what surprises me a little is that You now mentioned twice to have xPres AND Premium.

But with Premium is xPresRoute included.

So why a double licensing?

And Piping Library always was and is an extra module with an extra license (SE323 or SE324)

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom
We have ~50x SE Classic licences which share 6 Xpresroute licences, and 2x SE Premium (all floating), mainly for Simulation but also effectively 2 extra Xpresroutes.

Hi @Alex_H

this now makes sense!

Thanks for answering

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Piping Licence

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

@Alex_HYes, you are correct. If you are running SE and fetching the Classic License you do not have access to Xpresroute without fetching the additional Add license. Premium includes Xpresroute in its licenses.

If you are not able to create the route path you are looking at a licensing issue. 

I would first try this:

Start a new SE session and ensure you grab your Premium license. Then attempt to create the routing path. If this fails then we can look at configuration issues instead of licensing. If it works then we can move on to the next step.

New Session and grab the SE Classic license. Then go into Xpresroute. See if you get a licensing error. If you do, then we can then move on to looking at license usage. It might be that your additional Xpresroute licenses are being consumed by other users- witting or not.

Phenom
Phenom
Xpresroute is working fine, it's the pipe routing part of it that is refusing to place standard pipe components from the library.

@Alex_Hschrieb:
Xpresroute is working fine, it's the pipe routing part of it that is refusing to place standard pipe components from the library.

Hi @Alex_H

and this is due to the Piping Library is an extra module which needs the extra license!

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I didn't think that was the case. If you already have the Piping Library and Xpresroute I thought you had all you needed. I missed the fact, that as @hawcad has mentioned, there is an actual add-in to link the two capabilities for piping routing. The product you are looking for is:

SE324 Solid Edge Piping Library - Floating. SE3323 is Node Locked

"...The library is fully compatible with Solid Edges built-in parts library capability, and is for use with the pre-requisite SE XpresRoute (Part numbers SE304-ENG and SE306-ENG). Used with XpresRoute, the route is automatically populated with the appropriate pipe-fittings to join the various pipe segments."

Check with your Admin to see if you have the Library licenses.