Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing the 2d Model on Sheet 1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am a novice CAD and new Free 2d ST8 user and have a simple question:  How do I place a 2d model drawing on the working Sheet 1 in order to be able to print it with the title block included?

Also, are there any reasonably complete ST8 manuals and/or tutorials that are cheap or free?  I am wanting to use Solid Edge for personal use only and don't want to tie up much money.

Thanks

10 REPLIES

Re: Placing the 2d Model on Sheet 1

Genius
Genius

From the working sheet where you see the title block: Sketching - 2D Model (in Drawing Views)

2D.jpg

This will take you to the background sheet where you can box select the geometry you wish to display.

HTH,

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I really appreciate your quick response, but I cannot find "Drawing Views" on the ribbon and cannot find anyway to place it on the ribbon. I am running the new ST8 version. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Looking in the "Sketching" tab of the ribbon.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
OK, I finally found the “Drawing Views” under “Tables”. When I select “Drawing Views – 2D Model” it shows the 2D Model with cross hairs to select the area of interest. I select the entire drawing and it then shows the drawing over a very small title block. When I try to shrink the drawing to fit the title block all I do is erase the drawing. I know I am missing a vital point, but so far no joy. Again, your help has been invaluable so far and I think I must be getting close.

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The video below shows changing the scale of the 2d view to fit the templates border.

(view in My Videos)

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

Phenom
Phenom

See attached video:

(view in My Videos)

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It appears the free 2d ST8 that I am using is not the same as what all you folks are using.  The main menu on the videos show:

Home  Sketching  Diagram  Inspect  Tools  View

while my ribbon menu shows:

Home  Tables  Inspect  Tools View

I wonder if you are using the pay for use 3d ST8?  If any can help with the 2d model I really need to get past this block.

Thanks,

Jim

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, I am using the full SE product, not the free 2D version.

I can't help on the free 2D product. Anyone else?

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I think you can better ask your question in:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-2D-Drafting-Forum/bd-p/SolidEdge-2D-Drafti...

There all users use free 2D.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2019 user