Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Preferred Method for Dimensioning Theoretical Sharp Corners Instead of Tangencies

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I guess one kind of elaborate idea would be to create a surface using the drafted side wall, another one on the top face, then extend them to create an intersection curve at the theoretical sharp corner and show that curve in the draft view.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Re: Preferred Method for Dimensioning Theoretical Sharp Corners Instead of Tangencies

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Here's an example of doing it in the model:

Sharp Corner.JPG

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

I always have to dimension in profile of section for drafted items because in plan, you cannot see the virtural sharp.  IF I have to dimension in plan view, then I always right click on the view>Draw in View> and then I draw a phantom line circle representing the diamter at the virtual sharp.  Exit "Draw in View" and dimension the new circle.

Virtual sharp in SW just places marks at the intersection in profile views.  One think I like in SW about virtual sharps is you can multi-select the two lines that make up the virtual sharp and hit the "point" tool, and it will automatically place a point on the virtual sharp.  I wish SE had this.  

I always have to use the Distance Between and extension snap to be able to get the intersections.  I do wish the diameter dimension tool allowed to grab virtual sharps.

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments