Preparation discussion/presentation about Synchronous Technology

Legend
Legend

Hi All,

First of all 'Best wishes for 2016 (and beyond)" to all Solid Edge Users/developers and their family.

Since I’m a big fan of Synchronous Technology I have been asked to prepare a presentation  / discussion about Synchronous Technology given to a subsidiary of a big well known technical company in the Netherlands.

I’m looking for the best possible explanation/demo’s available for;

• Synchronous Technology (it history so far)
  • Synchronous Technology (in general)
  • Live rules (latest ST8 edition)
  • Live rules manager
  • Selection manager
  • Steering Wheel
  • Part / face priority

I have collected a lot of information from the Solid Edge Universities, Ally PLM lunch Bytes, Mark Fort etc. but I missed probably a lot, so I’m looking for YouTube , pdf’s, PowerPoints to help me..

Who has useful stuff that I can use and is willing to share? This of share the links to..

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Jan Bos

Geha

The Netherlands

41 REPLIES

Re: Preparation discussion/presentation about Synchronous Technology

MLombard
Retired

Jan,

Here is a youtube video that got me started with Synchronous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csjd7pcxLX4

Can you check your private messages? We might be able to help one another out.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom

I will be your sync Grinch. The nay-sayer who is waiting to be proven wrong. When I can directly control the size of a sheet metal flat pattern with Sync in for a part with 9 bends. Or when I can add 2 and 3 way corners in sync! As a sheet metal person I will be completely avoiding Sync until somebody can prove to me I can do everything in sync that I can do in ordered. Until then, it's useless because if I need the feature in ordered, it can't see Sync.

I still have about 30 requests planned for ordered sheet metal!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE

"Until then, it's useless because if I need the feature in ordered, it can't see Sync."

It's the other way around. In sync mode you can't see ordered.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

You are right. And much of the time I need to start in ordered.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, that is a stumbling block sometimes. Since sync is always a "parent" feature to ordered I wonder if it will ever be possible to model in sync with ordered features visible. Going to sync is like rolling back to earlier features in ordered.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

My most common need for ordered first is sheet size. Many of my designs are controlled by the flat size of a sheet (relative to the overall size, XYZ). I don't know how to get that done in a way the handles variable thickness and bend radius without using ordered.

For example, I start with a 4' X 8' sheet of 10 Gage, then bend that up a specific way. It would take a lot of math and dimensions to do that in Sync.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Curious as to why you start with a flat instead of just rendering the flat pattern from a formed piece at the end?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Phenom
Phenom

So full sheets can be used without trimming. When not using full sheets, I often set up parts to be 1" or an even fraction over one a nominal dimension (XYZ) so the flat nests easier.

Also, when flat patterns require a cham, the flange cham does not work as desired. The flange cham tool makes a flat pattern than is not crisp .....not a single 45 deg corner, but a series of strange increments that make up a 45 deg corner. I want "crisp" flat pattern exports for use in a punch machine.

There are a few other oddities I can't remember off the top of my head, but they all dictate controlling the flat size first.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Jan,

My name's Oliver, and I look after the team here at Siemens that create the Solid Edge product demos. I may be able to help:

I hope that helps!

Oliver

@OliverDuncan