Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Preparation discussion/presentation about Synchronous Technology

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sry I just received a formlabs 2 3d printer but Im currently working on your model. I pretty sure everything can be done in synchronous. The only things pissing me off is that I'm unable to put stickout and back gage in the bend table easily. I sure could the it the same way you did with formulas but it seems to be a pain in the a**.

Re: Preparation discussion/presentation about Synchronous Technology

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That part is a pain. The trick is to give each part a name, say F1 for baffle 1. Then lable each back gage and stick out dimension (placing them is an art in and of it's self). Once you place the dimensions, then you have to adjust them...about 40% of them with a linked in bend radius and tickness. F1BG1=baffle 1 back gage 1. F1BG1A = Baffle 1 back gage 1 adjusted. The attached PDF may help.

Can be done in Sync...likely yes. Easier in Sync.....I don't think so. How does one isolate the size of the sheet and the location of the bend in Sync without setting up a ton of math? I want to control the two items independently. This is an issue with about half of my designs.

The desired result that requires this is an even sheet size w/ varying bend location dependent of the thickness of other parts and the bend radius of the part is question. This allows the gage and material to be changed without the model and draft being changed other than letting it update.

I have asked for an enhancement of the bend table to include back gage and stick out using a graphical method, adding functionality to the existing bend sequence editing view. The specifics of that is to be in another thread when I get my 30 enhancement requests together. Most people don't even understand what I want much less being able to actually add it to the program.