Preview of parts and assemblies not possible for files saved on ST7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When I checked <on> and <Interactive> for both Parts and Assemblies on Parts Library Preview window, I noticed I can only rotate/zoom/pan the files previously saved (on ST7 the preview window has more contrast now, with blue parts on a white backgorund). If I try the same with a ST7 save part/assembly, preview window only shows their bitmap. Same when I open-save-close an older file on ST7. Smiley Surprised

Anyone else having this "problem" ? Or I need check something else, beyond the <Interactive> option there ?

Best Regards

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
3 REPLIES

Re: Preview of parts and assemblies not possible for files saved on ST7

Phenom
Phenom

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not having any issues with native ST7 files... Can rotate/pan/and zoom for both Parts and Assemblies.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi again

@Tushar, thanks for the tip. Didn't notice any problem during my past transitions of versions (and probably (?) is related to the older version uninstall. I just uninstalled, without check the 'manual cleaning' of extra folders - frequently required for most of windows applications).

In my case, to implement completely that solution, I had to open/save/close the items I only had the Bitmap preview, with the <Interactive> option activated ... The issue also affected the preview of parts inside assemblies (I see 'imcomplete' assemblies on the Preview window). But editing them on context and saving all, makes the Preview works fine again. 

Thank you again, guys.

Best Regards.  

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8