Print Drawings

[ Edited ]

We have a TI1300 HP inktjet A0 plotter, with 2 rolls in it.

1x width: 841mm (A0)

1x width: 420mm (A2)

When using the "Print Drawing" commando in the draft environment, the A1 papersizes get the warning that they are too big.

What should i do? We do want to plot the drawings on the actual sizes, not scaled to fit

10 REPLIES

Re: Print Drawings

I believe the print option "Detect Portrait/Landscape" will always print a landscape drawing, landscape on the printer.  Try turning off "Detect Portrait/Landscape" and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Are you certain that the boarders of your title block are within the printable regions of the printer/plotter? The plotter should have a published margin on all four sides and if your title block is in that region it will give you the warning or force you to scale.

Bob Henry

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

It's probably this 840.99mm, but how do i set that to 841mm?

If you have your title block borders drawn with the outer lines at 841 x 594 you are never going to get it to print on 841 (or 840.99 for that matter) paper unless your plotter will print to the paper edge without margins. Every plotter I have ever used, all HP, have margins that the plotter is limited to. So your paper can be 841 so it is true A1 size, but the title block borders must be less than that so that it is inside the plotter margins. 

For example, we use A, B, C, & D size prints. A "D" size drawing is 34" x 22". The borders on my D size title block are 32.865" x 21.385" so they fit inside my plotter's margins and it plots at the desired scale.

If you inset the borders to be just inside the potter margins, it will print full scale without issue. 

HTH,

Bob

Bob Henry

[ Edited ]

My background is standaard A1 841x594, but i've tried to make it custom 840x594, but that didn't solve my issue.

My main sheet setup is also standaard A1 841x594, but i've tried to make it custom 840x594, but that didn't solve my issue.

PS: If you mean my background's outer limits with "title block borders", yes they are within 841x594

Is the "print drawings" command in SE working correctly for someone. My hair is standing upright from trying to send multiple drawing at once in their correct papersize and take the correct roll on the platter (roll1 = width 841mm A1 - roll2 = width 420mm A2)

[ Edited ]

We routinely print C & D size prints to an HP plotter without any issue. ST6, MP 4.

Bob Henry

Bob Henry

When we first got Edge 16 years ago we had get a cutsom print/plot macro made for use. Now it know's the paper size and it's correct.

I have an ancient HP500 plotter and its print sizes don't corrospond to the sizes in SE. for example it wants to make an Arch C size at 22 x 17 inches printable and the the plotter wants 23x16.6. The actual paper is 24 x 18. Is there a way to change the SE paper sizes?

Using SE since V12, 2002