Printing Shaded Draft Views to PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Phenom
Phenom

Some things just don't ever seem to go away. Namely, getting shaded draft views to print to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat.

I seem to recall a setting was added to the SE registry that one could adjust to get the shding to work. This is not the one Klaus listed years ago about adding the DWORD PrinterPlgBlt to Debig.

The one I am thinkng of and can't recall is a native registry entry that can be twaeked. I think it has something to do with resolution vs. PDf size but I cannot find my notes on what the netry is. 

Anyone have a better memory or better notes than me?

Thanks,

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC
2 REPLIES

Re: Printing Shaded Draft Views to PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Phenom
Phenom

Bob,

I'm not sure anymore either. But I also have Adobe's Acrobat Pro V9 on my system so things might be different for me.

I do remeber Rick Mason discussing DPI issues, so I checked with my setup and here's what I have... (see below) and I don't have the issue that you're experiencing. Again i don't know if my Adobe drivers have anything do do with this versus SE using some 3rd party drivers.

Here's what I've... NOTE: 1200 DPIprint adobe.jpg

Just click on PRINT, then adjust properties and see if that helps.

Another Bob

Re: Printing Shaded Draft Views to PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Bob,

No joy on the Adobe settings. However, after some searching on the group I came up with the following solution that fixed the problem:

In the Solid Edge registry under DEBUG I added the DWORD STRETCHMASKBLT_VERSION with a value of 0.

This fixed the issue and I can now print PDF's in color. I don't know why, but it works. This has been an issue for us since early in the ST versions. I know Dan has said repeatedly that the issue is the Adobe drivers, but I am always fully patched in Adobe and every time I upgrade I have to tweak the registry to be able to produce PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat. Save as PDF from SE always works fine.

I imagne our days with Adobe Acrobat are numbered anyway so it will eventually not matter.

Thanks again!

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC