Solved! Go to solution

Printing in a 1:1 scale (ST3)

With Solid Edge ST3, how can I print a drawing at a 1:1 scale of the object for an 8' x 12' object. I would like to create an actual size stencil of sorts for the object.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author tyler_pumps
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Click Print On the Print dialog select Print Area (guessi...

1. Click Print
  2. On the Print dialog select Print Area (guessing sheet/window size will stop you from printing 1:1) and select OK
  3. Select the print area as close to your object as possible
  4. After selection you will be taken to the Option page where you can set the scale.  Select Manual Scale and set it to 1:1.  If it will not allow it it is because your object is still larger than the print area available on your printer.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Re: Click Print On the Print dialog select Print Area (guessi...

For my case the object is larger than the paper size. Is there a way to have it print on multuple pages? Then I could put the papers together to get a feel for the actual size. Like a tile type print. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Click Print On the Print dialog select Print Area (guessi...

I do not believe there is a way to do this in Solid Edge. Maybe there is something in your specific printer settings you can use.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by Grundey (Honored Contributor)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I do this from time to time in Solid Edge...it's not too...

[ Edited ]

I do this from time to time in Solid Edge...it's not too difficult. In cases like these, I use "draw in view" and make an appropiraite sized grid of reference lines, in order to match up the prints later, then use "print area" capturing enough to fit inside of the paper size, adjusting the target area to remain at 1:1....& repeat.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10