Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

Creator
Creator

I am new to solid edge. How do I print an actual size model?  My class is working on a free flight plane and created a 1D print of the wing.  How do I get this to print in it's actual size?  

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Printing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @FB1

first welcome to the Solid Edge Community.

Are You asking for a paper prnit of the wing in a scale 1:1?

If so, make a draft of Your wing and set the scale to 1:1

Maybe You need a certain printer to being able printing oversize paper formats, or YOu have to split this somehow onto several sheets of paper.

Is this, what You have asked for?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Printing

Hi there @FB1,

If posting about, or uploading "Academic" files....could you please post to the Student Edition forum, that way those with access only to a commercial license will know not to bother downloading, & trying to open the file.

However, in order to print [you don't say what page size you have available to print with].....but you will find it easier to make a 1:1 scale draft [DFT] view of the part [PAR] file, and using "Draw in view" [right click for the context menu] sketch some grid reference lines, to use as guides for "Print Area" quadrants....then ensuring [usually have to key it in every time] to force it 1:1. [Paper Length : Design length]

Capture.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP1] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Printing

HI @SeanCresswell

I would not be able to give a better answer.

... and it always is a pleasure to read text from a native English speaker and learn how to use this language!

And BTW @FB1 as mentioned by @SeanCresswell, it normally is better to post academic questions with academic files in the academic forum group.

And don't worry, we are looking into that too!

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Printing

Creator
Creator

Thanks, this has all been helpful.