ProE/Creo to Solid Edge Migration Tool

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm attempting use the migration tool Siemens provides to its users to convert my ProE parts, assemblies, drawings, etc into Solid Edge files. Both Creo 3.0 and Solid Edge ST8 are installed on my laptop for work and the folder with all my files I want to convert are on it as well. So when I open the migration tool I get this window and the first thing it asks for is the ProE host name...

Migration Tool.jpg

If I click the drop down there are no options to choose from. If I click the browse button all I get is this...

Browse for Computer.jpg

If i have Network highlighted I can't click OK so  just click cancel. I can type in my computers name that I retrieve from the system settings and that allows me to browse for a folder in my computer to extract the files from. But when I finally select a folder I get this message...

Warning.jpg

So my guess is that the host name I entered is incorrect. I should also note that my network discovery is turned off and I need administrator access to turn it on. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but it could lead to why I only have one option to pick from when I click browse for host name. Can someone help me out here? Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: ProE/Creo to Solid Edge Migration Tool

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @jaustinmassey,

I'm digging into the dusty corner of my memory here, but I think Dan Staples might have covered this in an older post. IIRC there was an simple trick to it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Maybe this other article and the PDF are helpful? Here it looks like you just keyin the name of the machine.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Knowledge-Base/Migrating-SolidWorks-Files...

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @dcstaples, I think that was the article I was "kind of" remembering. I have that document from Steve saved already.  [& others  of special interest, from SEU16]

I keep forgetting the "Knowledge Base" portion of the community......so much valuable information in there!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10