I work under ST5 academy.
I created an assembly with multiple parts and assemblies.
I need to export my project to another software, for that I pass in .STP.
After export, the names of my assemblies and parts change.
They end up with a suffix -oa (number).
What should I do to avoid having to change names.
Thank you in advance.
I opened it with SE but it gives the same with SAP Visual Enterprise Author.
I need to find a solution because I have 100 models. I can not rename all the pieces one by one.
If you open it to the same location as the original you will get different part names to prevent original data being ove-written.
You should always open to a different folder.
"You should always open to a different folder"
I'd be curious to see if this solves the problem. I've seen this behaviour when I've opened SE originated step files from remote sources with no corresponding part names anywhere on my side.
"The problem remains."
I'm not surprised. Even with this unresolved it wouldn't be so bad if revision manager could use wildcards in its find/replace capability. But, alas, it can't.