Problem creating centerline arc on draft

I cannot create a centerline arc between two arcs on SE ST8 draft view, I can select the first arc but not the second, why is this not possible, seems bery basic unless I'm missing something ... ? Smiley Embarassed please see attached screen grab

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Problem creating centerline arc on draft

Hi,

since this should work for several versions of SE and as it could be done here - also ST8 - MP5

there might be 2 reasons I can imagine to ot be able creating these center arc:

• either the two arc are not concentric or
  • the second one is no arc
    could it be that this is a spline from a 3D geometry

regards
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

The arcs you see on the screen grab are pipework elbows created in XpressRoute then shown on the SE draft so no it would no be a spline from 3d geometery, any ideas ?

Regards,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

OK, if this is a pipework then the centerlines should be created automatically when creating the draft view.

There is an option in the drawing view wizzard wether or not centerlines of pipes should be displayed or not.

If this option is ON then the centerlines come by itself

regards
Wolfgang

Hi Anthony,

OK, what I have seen is, that if the pipe main plane is not exactly parallel to the viewing plane, then the center arc function will not select the second "arc" since it will not be exactly an arc or the center of both is not exactly the same

I have tested this with a 5 degrees rotation of the view and You can see that the centers are different about 0.01 mm

regards
Wolfgang

thanks Woldgang, I appreciate your help with this, the strange this is some other pipe elbows on the draft do allow me to add the arc centerline, not quite sure what happened to that one Smiley Happy

Hi Anthony,

and if it is a pipe and the option "show pipe centerlines" wasn't set yet from the beginning then You can go to view options - show all and show centerlines ON

regards
Wolfgang