Problem in dft printing with SE viewer

Hello, I'm new on this forum.

I'm trying to print a dft file with SE viewer: it doesn't print the white lines!

If I change the color of the background from white to black, it prints the whole paper black!

May you help me?

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem in dft printing with SE viewer

Don't use Viewer much, but out of curiousity is your printer driver the "PCL" version?  Reason I ask is I've seen issues with a few apps using the "PS" version of printer drivers...

If that turns out not to be the issue, can you supply the DFT and one of us can take a look and hopefully diagnose.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

Out of curiosity I tried printing out a simple draft with one of the lines made white.

Keeping the background color Black or white in either Solid Edge or the viewer did not make any difference.

The white line still does not print similar to what you found but it is not printing black with a black background.

The printer model is CANON iR ADV C2220/2230 

Hello Ken, thanks for your reply.

I checked the printer driver and it is in "PCL" version.

I'd like to tell you that I have the same problem with two different printers and overall even the preview is wrong.

Here is the sample file.

I tried also to download Solid Edge Free 2D, but the downloaded files (both english and italian) are corrupt....

Thanks again

Alessandro Casali

@cosben , I verified I can not get the lines to print out no matter what background color I set in the viewer, but like @Tushar I also don't have the background printing out.  It appears that this needs an IR logged, so please contact your VAR or GTAC directly (if that is an option) and create one for this.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10