Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when open dwg files

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Hi all;
When I open dwg file in draft template. Then zoom, pan etc. Sometime error can't move or do anything. But waiting 3-5min for working normally.
I'm use ST9(MP6),(MP9)

Thank you.
12 REPLIES

Re: Problem when open dwg files

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Can you attach the .dwg file here so others can look at it?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Pioneer

I think simple dwg. single part. I'm not sure it confic with some software or driver. Becourse it not error and Solid Edge is not cashes. When I wait for 3-5 min it come and work normal.

Hi @Famer

OK, but what in fact is the video showing?

You open a DWG and it is here.

Where is the problem?

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

OK, I notice.

and @hawcad after opening the drawing, the ribbon tabs are inaccessible and Solid Edge cannot be minimized. 

Everything becomes non-responsive.

Is that correct @Famer?

So as @bshand has suggested and if possible attach the drawing for others to inspect.

I have ST8 at work and ST10 at home so not really in a position to check it but also do not understand fully what you mean by using ST9(MP6),(MP9)

What are those 2 MPs ?

Looking at just the video, the drawing appears quite lightweight, very few entities so I doubt there are many layers or blocks to load which would of course happen before the drawing itself is displayed.

Do you have enough free disk space ?

Hi @Tushar

OK, thanks for taht clarification.

Now I can understand the red point, which should show that there is no action possible after opening the DWG.

As You say, this drawing is a very small one without any big issues and - as far as I can remember - it is a kind of an update demo for - think - ST3 or ST4

It is hard to understand, that opening such a DWG should bring any problems.

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi @Tushar

Yes. correct, when open Dwg everyting become and I use zoom,pan etc.It non responsive.

For ST9(MP6,MP9) This problem From use ST9 MP6. and I update to MP9

Hi @Famer

so the correct question now will be, is this true for that DWG only or will it be the same with any DWG You are opening?

As mentioned already, I think this DWG is a demo file from an older ST release a couple of years ago.

And I have use that file for many presentations to show the capability of sending DWG date to 3D files.

And I did this on several computers with different specs and always without any problems.

Again, as long as You can not upload the file to the forum we can not check wether it is an issue o fthe file or of any setup, option on Your installation.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Even without sharing the file a simple check would be to open other similar sized DWG files and see if the application freezes after zoom-pan. That would be a definite indication of a problem with either the SE installation, MPs or the graphics card.

Solution Partner Pioneer

Sorry I'm late reply

Sure.file can share.