Solved! Go to solution

Problem with changing dimension

Hi

I have been trying to change the radius of the curved face to 30 (Please see the files). But it does not let me do that or if it does, the shape will be very unusual.

Can someone please have a look at my file and let me know how I can make the change?

The curved surface neet to be tangent to the planar face.

I am attaching the image file too in case part file is not opened due to using student license.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Problem with changing dimension

When you change the radius, the system will try to keep the center in the same place. Doing so, it looks like the radius will be so large it will hit the block (consuming the side faces). Try moving the radius UP along Z so there is more space. Then change it to 30. 

(PS this is based on the picture -- can't open the academic file)

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mazmaz
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi,

I think that the problem is the non parallel right face of the radius.

See the attachment.

Yasser

ST5MP7

Sorry Dan, but if a Solid Edge director can't open the student version files, I think maybe Siemens/SE need to rethink their student version policies. It makes it very difficult and frestrating for others in the community to help students with their questions when we can't even see what they are having a problem with. Maybe some kind of read-only file lock could be developed for the student version or something so that a regular version license holder could at least see the problem.

Unfortunately, dishonest people dictate that the business side of things have to protect their interest by installing anti-piracy and other restrictions in software (like the inability of the commercial version being able to open the Student Version) to prohibit those who would steal the software or use a "learning" license to generate commercial content.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Dan and Yasser thank you very much for your comments.

Yasser were absolutely right, I had not noticed that the vertical faces were not parallel. I noticed that the vertical side faces were not perpendicular to the side horizontal faces. After applying perpendicular relationship, I could resize the half-cylinder with no problem.

By the way, is there any option that the relationships for 3D features can be shown such as the relationships of sketches?

Thanks