Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installation ST6

Not applicable

Hi, please help, I try to do everything to install Solid Edge St6 but no results. What is the problem and what can I do ? UEC off, Antyvirus off, registery clean, SEclean up done, and more more and nothing :smileysad:
(Windows 7, 64 bit,)

5 REPLIES

Re: Problem with installation ST6

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Some folks have reported that even turning off McAfee AV didn't work, they had to actually uninstall it. Also, make sure you right mouse click on setup.exe and select Run As Administrator.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Not applicable
It doesn't works... Smiley Sad

Not applicable
Hi, I have been having the same issue trying to install it on my sons computer. He is running window 7, 64 bit. we are definately inststalling it as the administrator and I have turned the firewall and anti virus on his McAfee but am getting the same message as daniel. Any ideas?

Not applicable
Which Win7 version are you using? I got the exact same problem on Win7 Home Premium. Actually, Home Premium isn't officially supported.
Windows supported version are:
Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, or Professional (32-bit or 64-bit) with Service Pack 1
Windows 8/8.1 Pro or Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit).

If you university is affiliated with Microsoft you can get for free, through DreamSpark Premium a pro edition of Win7 or Win8/8.1 (which I stronlgy advice against) and install it on your machine, eventually on a dedicated partition. At least, this worked for me...

Good luck.

Not applicable
I needed to upgrade my licence and decided to upgrade from ST5 to 6. Just found out how to uninstall ST5 and installed ST6, bad mistake, now my old drawings have text boxes with no text, dimensions with no values in the dimension lines. I must've done something wrong, this is more like a downgrade. Any ideas how I can get dimensions and text with meaningful values in them.?