Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with options in ST7

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everybody

I use solid edge for several months. I have a few problems with my ST7 student version:

-Every time I add new part to assembly it shows parts reference plane. I tried to turn it off in options, but it doesn't work. When I close program and open it again the option "Show part reference plane during place part" is still active ;/
- I can't save the settings when I create some feature ( a hole for exapmple ).
- Sometime when I create Part in place the toolbar show for a second and immediately disappear.
- When I open a Keyshot rendering a render button is grey out.

Anybody has an idea how to mend it ? Is any maintenance pack available for student version? I download some from torrents but it doesn't work with my version.

Thank's in advance for help!

9 REPLIES

Re: Problems with options in ST7

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you install Solid Edge by right mouse clicking on Setup.exe and choosing "Run As Administrator"?  Optionally you would have had to turn off User Account Control and restarted before installing.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

No I didn't. So I have to uninstall Solid Edge and install it again ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Grundey

I installed Solid Edge one more time by choosing " "Run As Administrator" and I still have the same problems. I also turned off User Account Control and restarted befeore installing.

Do you have any other idea?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Sounds to me like some incompatible system spec's.

Can you list what your sytem specs are?...of most interest, the "graphics card / chip" [& driver version]

Also, in all the years Student Edition has been available, no "Maintenance Pack" has been able to be installed, due to it not having API access.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI SeanCresswell

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 Ghz 2.20 GHz 
RaM: 8 GB
System Type: 64 bit
Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD 7610M ( driver version: 8.901.0.0) ; Driver Date: 2011-09-27

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

szczepan092 wrote:

System Type: 64 bit
Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD 7610M ( driver version: 8.901.0.0) ; Driver Date: 2011-09-27

OK, so I would suspect this is a graphics related issue. Actually, it looks like there is a newer driver [13.9 - 18 Sep 2013] for your card anyway, so I'd start there, and see if that fixes the bulk of your issues.

AMD Radeon HD7610M [LatestDriver].PNG

Sean Cresswell

Experimenter
Experimenter

I downloaded and installed new driver, then reinstalled solid edge and it didn't fix my problems.

I attach pictures with my main difficulties.

As I wrote in the first post:
- Option - Show part reference plane during place part is still avctive
- I still can't save setting when I create some hole.

Sorry for my English! Smiley Very Happy I'm still learning Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK.....so maybe the issues you are looking at now, are actually limitations of the Student Edition. [not 100% sure on that]

Certainly the Keyshot one is, as it is only available in the commercial instance, and even then, it is only as part of the upper level versions. [Classic & Premium]

Sean Cresswell

Experimenter
Experimenter

I don't need keyshot very much so it isn't a big problem.

But option to save settings and hiding all reference planes as I showed on pictures would be very helpful. I didn't have such problems in st6.

Now I must have ST7 because I'm doing graduation work and I can't open files from ST7 in ST6.

Do you have any idea how to mend it ?. Thank you!Smiley Happy