Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with "where used"

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

It's not possible to found the files with "where used" and also sometimes it's not able to save files to a server folder, it's necessary to configure the assistant of configurations and preferences of Solid Edge every month (restablishing the default configuration of SE). I am looking for a less labourious and frequent solution.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: Problems with "where used"

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @RicardS

maybe this is an issue with the server indexing speed.

I have seen similar behaviour on servers with over 2 million files in index area.

Any update or change took enormous time.

There is a registry entry (search for indexing on server) to speed this up.

And take care that the FastSearch.txt files points to the correct folders.

With a well situated server and a correct setup I have seen good response with over 300.000 SE files in index.

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Dear @hawcad,

This is the route of the fast search.txt. Every time that the problem appears, we delete the register of SE. 

On the other hand, there are two fast search scope.txt files one for local and for server both saved into the server, inside of these appears the same route.

We delete all of the register. Do you know which is the concrete key of the register to edit?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@RicardS you should not have to be reconfiguring your setup every month to keep Fast Search working.

You need to be on ST10 MP6 on *both* the server and the clients to ensure that you have all of the latest fixes related to this.

As a Solution Partner, I would suggest that you contact GTAC and work together to find a root cause for this issue so that it can be permanently resolved.