Problems with sketch

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm a new user to Solid Edge and is very happy with the software so far.

One thing that really freaks me out is the sketch lines, they never seems to "dissaper", even after im done skething. I have been using SolidWorks and Alibra in the past, and both turn sketch lines off when I exit "sketch-mode". I watch quite a lot of tutorials online (videos), it helps me a lot at the moment, but they dont seems to have problems with sketch lines being visible after converting to solids.

Picture attached.

Do you guys know what is wrong? Why do I see sketch lines?

SolidEdgeST6_Sketch lines.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Problems with sketch

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Kenneth,

When you create revolved features in Solid Edge (in Synchronous mode), Solid Edge will automatically create a "Live Section".  These Live Sections are very handy for editing.  This should only happen automatically for revolved features.  You can uncheck the Live Section over in your Pathfinder to turn off its display.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks a lot, superb service Smiley Happy

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

And also one more thing.

I see, that you are working in Synchronous mode. If you don't use all the sketch elements for creating a body, sketch will not 'dissapear'. But you can find all your sketches under the Sketches node in your Pathfinder. There you can also check/uncheck the sketches, so that you can show them or hide them.

The sketch elements, that are used for creating a model, will go under the Used Sketches node. They are hidden by default. Right clicking on those sketches will give you Restore option. Hence you can use the same sketch again.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kenneth Welcome to the SE Community! We are super-glad to have you as a new Edger. As you see, there are folks here, ready to help. Just keep firing away and we will make sure you get the answers you need.

Best,

Dan

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development