Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with solid edge

Experimenter
Experimenter

i downloaded and installed solid edge a few days ago, it works fine with 2D figures, but when i try to make them 3D, the program closes and says there's been a problem (even the most simple figures, like a rectangle). What should i do?

5 REPLIES

Re: Problems with solid edge

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @camila,

Just a guess here, as you'd need to provide details on your system specs, but I suspect there is an issue with your graphics compatibility....now that may well be a driver version issue.

You might also try turning down the graphics performance setting in Solid Edge - Options, found under the application button, while in an open part [.PAR] or assembly [.ASM] template, on the View tab, look for the "Application Display" and uncheck the box, and make the lowest selection, and see if that functions, if yes, progressively increase it, to get [hopefully] the best ballance of performance while retaining program functionality.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
This may also be the outcome if you're trying to run Solid Edge ST6 on Windows 10.
If you are running Windows 10, you should download Solid Edge ST8.

Experimenter
Experimenter

i have windows 8 in my computer and i tried both versions, none of them worked, but thanks Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

well, i'll try that, thanks!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Camila

I think you may be in a situation where you can't modify the graphics card settings because you can't enter the 3D environment to change the setting - you crash before you can access the option to change the setting.

There is a detailed post about these problems posted here:

Thanks to @Llewellyn for pointing me to this!

Thanks

Melanie