Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project curve on an object 360º?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello solid edge community

I would like to project this helical curve on an object like this pyramid, can anyone explain me how can i do it. I want the lines to be continios. I´ve tried it manually projecting one by one, but the lines aren´t coninous.

Screenshot (107).png

Regards,

3 REPLIES

Re: Project curve on an object 360º?

MLombard
Retired

You could sweep a corkscrew surface toward the inside of the helix, and then get the curve at the intersection of the surface and solid. The continuous issue is something you may be able to deal with downstream.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey there,

I use ST5 cause my school hasn't gotten an upgrade yet, but if you try using the wrap sketch command which can be found in the ordered section of Surfacing, you should be able to do this no problem.

First create a plan that is parallel to the bottom of a face on your pyramid.

Second, creat a line at which ever angle you want the pitch of the helix to be. then make a straight line. as far as you want the sketch to wrap. if you want it to the top, you will ne to make sure the line is even with the top of you part.

And last, just use the Wrap Sketch command on that line, and that part. it should just wrap it right around and have it all on the face.

Genius
Genius

(view in My Videos)

Hi @AmanRa Make four parallel sketches, then project them to have continuous lines and finally intersect the radius with a plane according to three points, check the video.

I hope it helps.

Regads.