Project to Sketch Options

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I am using project to sketch to include an inter-part copy for a cutout. The "maintain associativity when projecting geometry from other parts in the assembly"  box is greyed out so I cannot check it. I want to link the cutout but can't. Why is the box not checkable?5-27-16.JPG

9 REPLIES

Re: Project to Sketch Options

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In SE options are the settings on the "inter-part" tab set to allow it?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

When using a sketch in an assembly it possible to check the box for associativity.

Yasser

project_to_sketch.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Yasser, Same here and that's because as @bshand mentioned this option is set on the Inter-Part tab:

2016053101.jpg

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom
Hi Tushar,

you're right Smiley Happy

Well done...

Yasser

Legend
Legend
It can also not work if the part you are coping from is not activated.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Phenom
Phenom

Good point @lking

I remember this in the context of Peers which does not allow interacting with a part unless activated.

Fortunately Solid Edge allows activating a part even after entering the sketch mode.

Hi @YD Credit goes to Bruce for pointing out the option. I haven't added new knowledge here Robot Embarassed

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Also might add that it only applies to ordered mode.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe @bshand has the answer.

If using "Project to Sketch in Synch mode, it cannot be associative so that option cannot be applied.

If using "Project to Sketch in an Ordered Sketch/Profile, it can be associative and then what the other said would be things to look at if it is not working there.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have run into the same thing about 30 times. Can't remember what created the problem since I work completely in ordered. I have just developed habits that avoid the problem.

The limits I run into are not being able to project on a slope (say a hole axis is at 45 deg to the projection plane). The other limiting factor I run into is no way to repair includes. If the include was a line or a circle it can be repaired with relations, but if the geometry is any more complicated, include can't be repaired. Be careful to never lose the relation.