Solved! Go to solution

Property Manager

Sometimes when I go through property manager to update stuff, it doesn't save. Now, the save button never seems to work, so I have no idea if my updates are going to save. I'm doing something wrong, any suggestions? I open property manager from the assembly.

Help me Ol' Wise ONes!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
12 REPLIES

Re: Property Manager

If you open Propert Manager from a part or assembly file, the save button is not active. Make your changes, close the Property Manager and then save your part or your assembly.

If you don't save and close, SE won't prompt you to save and your changes are lost.

Greetings from Germany
Christian Kunkel
https://c-k-m.info

Hmm, lost all my updates from property manager when I closed it, and then saved my assembly...........

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

[ Edited ]

ckunkel72 wrote:

If you open Propert Manager from a part or assembly file, the save button is not active. Make your changes, close the Property Manager and then save your part or your assembly.

If you don't save and close, SE won't prompt you to save and your changes are lost.

When I change properties in a part or assembly, and it's the only change, I do get a prompt to save.

And the save button is always active.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

In Property Manager you have an active Save button? Mine never is active, even after going through and making multiple changes in Property Manager. I closed Property Manager, and then went right to save my assembly, but none of the information I entered into Property Manager existed.
ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

No, I don't have a save button in Prop Man at all so I don't even know what you mean. I assumed you guys were talking about the file save button.

Other than that stuff I put in in Prop Man is retained. We use Prop Man all the time.

Bruce Shand

Hi,

Save button of Property Manager is active when you use PM under System button without opened document.

Here is a short video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author BoatTech
‎04-14-2016 11:32 AM

Thank you very much Imics, that's the answer I was looking for!
ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

@BoatTech  You said you opened PM from an assy. Imics talked about using PM without an open assy.

So what was the actual problem in the first place and how was it resolved?

Bruce Shand

Opening from the assembly doesn't make the Save button active. I didn't know you could go to Property Manager through the main screen, without opening the assembly.

Capture.JPG

Yesterday when I was working through this, I was able to change materials via the Property Manager. For some reason, opening from the main screen, I don't have the option to change materials.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.