Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property text in a table?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if it is possible to refrence property vales in the cells of a table?

ST9, MP10

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Property text in a table?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Brianw

AFAIK only into BOM tables but not into normal tables.

regards
Wolfgang

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I agree.  I was playing around with it and the "Add Property" button is greyed-out for normal tables.  I wonder, though, if you could copy the Property Text string and insert into the table definition for that column.  Would it parse the property or just spit out the string as text?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@swertel,  I just tried a couple. It just shows the string.

Another thing: I'm trying to save a table style with just one data line but it won't. It always inserts with two. I also can't make it three lines. Seems I just can't save with anything but two. Any ideas? I've exited the drawing. I've exited and reentered SE, I've put it in a new draft. Same. The only thing I haven't tried is rebooting.

table.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Property text in a table?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

It is impossible. At least in ST9. I have yet to try ST10 wehre they did do some updates to table functions.

One of my pet peeves about the software.

The best that can be done is to display a bunch of variable using annotation

To line things up, you can get close with the old school add and remove spaces once the required decimal places have been decided by rounding and no trailing 0's

At least if you want live updates of the variables into tables.

If you only need to do it once, you can place all the variables into a spreadsheet then display the spreadsheet. But I was never able to get a spreadsheet to update as a result of a model change.

Unless everything you want to display is already in the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet control the model, then you could have something that updates.

But taking a variable from SE, and displaying it in a table in a way that updates......I have tried and asked 100 times with no way to get it done.

Re: Property text in a table?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I checked ST10 and it looks like all the table options & settings are the same as in ST9.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@bshand, it looks like the saved settings only define the title and columns. You always get two rows.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I ran into the same issue long ago (Two min two rows). When I was trying to get stuff into tables or at least make tables as background for annotation......gave up.