Qty on detail drawings

Has some found a way to automate (populate) a callout on a drawing with the correct quantity for a project or job..  

25 REPLIES

Re: Qty on detail drawings

Hi Jan

You may select it from the callout command. if i was not mistaken the called out name is "Part list quantity" as shown on picture bellow.

Wish it help

Thanks

[ Edited ]

While this may work for a callout attached to a specific part located in a view of the overall assembly, it will not work if you have a sheet for that seperate part file.

In the example below, there are 6 pins in the assembly, but if I use the callout as shown previously, it will indicate only one. I manually adjust the quantity because nobody has come up with a better way.

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

There are two kinds of people, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data...

Hi Greg,

I have no idea why it's not working there. It's working fine here if it is what you looking for as shown in my short video below

(view in My Videos)
(view in My Videos)

Hi Greg,

May i ask you one question?

your pin detail drawing, did you create it by new drawing or by new sheet in your assembly drawing?

Thanks & Rgrds

Destian

If the draft also contains the assembly, in view wizard you need to define the view by selecting the part from the assembly tree and make sure create independent view is not checked - see attachment.

If it's a stand alone draft file then it's not linked to a specific assembly and it has no way of knowing what you want.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

It was created as a new sheet within the same draft file.
Sheet 1 is the full assy.
Sheet 2 is upper sub assy.
Sheet 3 is lower sub assy.
Subsequent sheets are individual dimensioned components,
These views are created by view wizard.

We have seen lowered draft performance, and long update times when we use the whole assembly and only show the part we are detailing.

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

There are two kinds of people, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data...

when working with the assy view I can get it to work fine.

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

It should work if you follow my instructions and then apply Destian's instructions on using the parts list quantity property in the callout.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I am unable to view the videos, but I did re-create a view, and selected the part file by expanding the assy.

The quantity now updates correctly, but the Part List Item Number always defaults to 1 unless I am attaching the callout to an assembly view.

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000