Query a bolt

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

How do you query a 5/8-11 x 3 1/4 bolt?

9 REPLIES

Re: Query a bolt

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you are in an assembly that contains the bolt you are looking for, you can go to the Select Tools tab and create a query and search for file name or other properties.  Once your query is executed, any matches will highlight in the assembly.

query.JPG

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can "query" a bolt all you want, but it won't answer because, well... it's a bolt Smiley LOL

All joking aside, I think you need to be more clear as to what you are trying to do.  Your question is very ambiguous.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

PLM World Member Legend

it doesn't like the spaces "3 1/4". i can find all the 5/8-11 with no problem

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It's probably "3-1/4".  But what Kevin showed you was how to search your assembly components in Pathfinder based on their name.  If their name does not constain the term exactly as your search term, it will not find it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

PLM World Member Legend

i'm using Standard Parts. when you put the file in, it's named "5/8-11 x 3 1/4" Hexagon socket head cap screw ANSI B18.3"

PLM World Member Legend
so I assume you can't query something like this?

Legend
Legend

The name you gave is the one that goes in the doc number or title or where ever you have set it up to go. There is also a file name that will be different, for one thing will not have the fraction slash. You can find it by right clicking on the part and selecting "file properties".

One other thing you can do is find one bolt and select it then pick "select all identical parts" from the "select parts constrained to" drop-down in the select tab in the home menu.

Using SE since V12, 2002

Legend
Legend
Also, the quick query won't let you paste a filename in it. You have to make a full query. ctrl-v doesn't work either. One of the mysteries of SE.
Using SE since V12, 2002

PLM World Member Legend

thanks lkin. i looked at the name "5I8x3_1I4" and a search with that. it fond it all