Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions, suggestions to SE

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everyone.
I would like to share couple issues which I faced in SE. 

1. Fastener System generates the standard parts as Realised fasteners. Therefore, I can not change the properties of models. Our IT and SE support team can't solve this problem during 4 month.

2. Fastener System doesn’t work in situation when you have slots. Even when you made a "special" hole bit bigger in the middle of the slot for fastener to recognize.

3. Some how some times your Protrusion (Design Body) becomes Construction Body and you cant UNDO or fixed this. It happened when you use function "go to" in part tree in order to add other protrusion and you have Part Copy like construction body.

4. Cann't find Pattern by sketch with random points, like in Catia. Is any one aware about?
Holes can be positioned as you like, but for example slots only using Pattern. And very often I need random, not circle, rectangular or line.

5. When you made holes in cylinder (shell, tank, etc.) and then made flat pattern from this cylinder, holes became ellipses. But for production I need to show holes with dimensions on Flat Pattern. 
I'm aware that i can make holes in Flat Pattern, but then after folding the sheet into the cylinder I will not have holes and I can not insert the fasteners.

It would be very convenient to transform ellipses in the Flat Pattern environment into holes (by clicking button "recognize holes" or something like that)

6. There are any chance to choose the bolt, nut etc. by using a fastener system with different hardness?

7. We really suffer to find BSP or hydraulics fittings and components on the Internet for South Africa, I will be immensely grateful if someone can share library. "3dcontentcentral", "Tracepartsonline", "Grabcad" just not enough.

..to be continued..

4 REPLIES

Re: Questions, suggestions to SE

Pioneer
Pioneer

7. We really suffer to find BSP or hydraulics fittings and components on the Internet for South Africa, I will be immensely grateful if someone can share library. "3dcontentcentral", "Tracepartsonline", "Grabcad" just not enough.

Have a look at this website:

http://www.solidcomponents.com/?company=SCCMK55SW&page=26883

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You don't say what version of SE you are using.

1. You will need a program to change the status of your fasteners from released to available. Such programs exist and are free.

2. SE can now recognize centers of slots for constraints.

3. Not sure what your workflow is here but you can toggle a construction body to a solid body.

4. I think that has been mentioned fairly often.

5. There is a recent post thread with a solution about this very thing.

6. Don't understand.

7. Check out McMaster-Carr. They have models of many of the parts they sell. The downside is that threaded items have fully modeled threads rather than virtual threads. I modify out the helical stuff.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#bspt-to-npt-pipe-fitting-adapters/=19zs78c. Though many are bsp to npt adapters you may be able to use the bsp part to make bsp to bsp fittings?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Here's the post about item 5 on your list:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Sheet-Metal-hole-locations-on-a-tub...

12GAGE Phenom
Phenom

a week ago

Use small holes to find the center. After the part is flat, then recut the holes in the flat. (Unbend, cut, rebend)

And for number 1:

http://barhamsoftware.com/SE_Tools/index.htm

See "status changer"

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

@Furry_Panda wrote:

Hi Everyone.
I would like to share couple issues which I faced in SE. 

Another option for #7 

PIRTEK

You need to know part # you want first, so best to have window open from catalog first, then select CAD model category.

-Craig