Solved! Go to solution

Quick question about simulation express and applying loads

Hello,

I want to simulate several point loads on a long piece of 8020 extrusion.  The point loads are at holes drilled through the extrusion where screws are located.  I will be applying a load of 181lb at each hole.  When adding loads, can I create a single 181lb load and apply it to each screw hole for a total of 583lb or do I need to create loads for every screw hole?

In other words, when I create a load and apply it to the holes, does the load add up or does it become distributed among the holes?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
6 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎07-28-2016 10:41 AM

Re: Quick question about simulation express and applying loads

No sue about Simulation Express, but in Simulation,the Force load command bar has an option to either distriute the load across all selected entities or applythe load individually...

2016-07-20_16-07-34.png

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Oops, I should get my math correct first - that load should be 543 not 583.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply Ken.  I don't recall seeing that option in Simulation Express.  I'll take a look at it again today.  

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎08-09-2016 08:29 AM

[ Edited ]

Kyle, the Force isn't divided over the elements in Simulation Express.

From the Sim Ex Help:

•If you select more than one element to carry a single load, the total input load value is applied to each of the elements you select; it is not divided among them. For example, if you specify a force load of 1000 N and then select two faces, each face will have a force load of 1000 N applied to it.

In full Simulation you have the option to divide or not.

/Ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Thanks Ulf!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hi @Grundey

It is an old post, I try to find solution for same problem. Why is my "Force-Total Load" button on command bar is dimmed and cannot be used?

I also want to put distributive load? Is it also posible to assign triangle distributive load?

Thanks & Regards

SE ST9 users

W10

If you are using full Simulation, then your distributed load option button is disabled until you pick more than one face to apply the same load to.

You can set up distributed loads in any configuration you want, but you need to have an isolated face to apply each load point to.  This can be accomplished by using the split face command if trying to distribute point loads on a single face.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10