Solved! Go to solution

Quick way to activate parts while measuring

I use the inspect tool to measure distances/clearances between parts in assemblies.  A lot of times, I'm into the command and go to a part to pick an edge,surface etc. only to find it's not activated.  I then have to exit the command, activate the part and start again.  I would like to see a quick way to activate a part when measuring while in the middle of the command.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
6 REPLIES

Re: Quick way to activate parts while measuring

Hi Kyle

The activate part tool is always somewhere in the command bar, depending on what measure tool you're using.

Laurenj.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Kyle,

There is an "Activate Part" command in the tools for this....which in most cases I have encountered, is much better, as it allows you to activate only the target parts for measuring.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thanks Sean!

I've probably been overlooking that for years.  I'll give it a try next time.

Thanks again!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

It has been there for a long time.

It also appears in the assembly dialogues and there is a version of it in sketch.

It was hiding in plain sight.  Smiley Happy

I've saw it on the home tab in the select group but when measuring, I was always so focused on selecting curves, surfaces, etc. I completely missed it.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

You beat me to the punch.

Yes it's in the select tool group and can be run action object or object action.

It's also stackable which means you can run it at anytime and it will not terminate the current command. (Except for sync part edits) Right Mouse Button click to exit the command and go back to the current command. (Just like the view commands.)

You can also customize it and put on the radial menu or assign it to a short cut key (Like ctrl+A for example) so you can access it as fast as you need to.

Thanks,

Art