RM & drafts

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am experimenting with my first RM big copy. I found a decent tutorial online. However it was unclear at one point. See pic. I targeted draft and assy in top. Then I did a where used which shows at the bottom. But...it says unchanged. I highlighted the drafts in bottom window so I can copy them over as well. But - action buttons are greyed out. How do I complete this task?

8 REPLIES

Re: RM & drafts

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Don't select anything in the bottom window (the third line item for example) that already appears in the top window. Doing so greys out actions.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
how do I get drafts to be included in the copy? This is the way the guy did it in the tutorial. But he did something el.se that I could not catch even when rewinding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CfNjBDuFIk
its like 3/4 way thru

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you select the drafts you want copied in the bottom window while making sure nothing you select is present in the top window you should be able to select actions for those items selected in the bottom window.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Oh....so I did note that when I did a select on drafts only, it still brings in the other files. So what your saying is now the bottom window is the master window?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Now I'm not sure what you mean but what I'm saying is don't "select" (make yellow) items in the lower window that appear in any condition in the top window. It doesn't matter if other items "show up" in the lower window. 

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I think we are saying same thing. Will try when I can get back to it. Thanks again and again and again.

Phenom
Phenom

In short:

• Open the main assembly (thanks @bshand)
  • expand all (shortcut: Ctrl + *)
  • select all
  • set action to copy
  • set path
  • where used (wait with perform actions!)
  • used in
  • precess option
  • next
  • click in the bottom part of revision manager
  • menu -> select by type
  • choose "draft"
  • set action to copy
  • set path
  • perform actions
...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Joris,

Not exactly, but the point I've been trying to make just isn't catching on for some reason.

If there is a draft in the lower window that is also in the upper and you select the lower one actions will be greyed out.

Example in the the very first attachment where your process would not work. The third line in the lower window is the main draft. If it is selected - no actions.

So if you know you are going to use "where used" don't open the main draft, open the main assembly. Then the main draft will appear in the lower window and you can select all drafts by type. Or, just unselect the main draft in the lower window but keep in mind that it may appear more than once.

Bruce Shand