RSS feed problem

I've subscribed to this forum using an RSS feed, but can only see original posts.  Any responses to those posts do now show up in my news reader (Thunderbird).  Is that a glitch with my news reader, or the RSS implimentation on the forum?  Any fixes?  I was hoping to be able to monitor (and respond) to discussions on the forum the way I did with the old system.

Thanks,

Pat

10 REPLIES

Re: RSS feed problem

I'll take a look at that and let you know what I find. I'll have some sort of response this afternoon for you.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Just to be clear, when you subscribed to the forum, were you at the forum top level, or inside a topic? Also, did you use the Subscribe option or Subscribe to RSS Feed?

I was at the Solid Edge Forum level.  I believe I had used the Options > Subscribe to RSS feed link at the top.

Since I've seen no one else complain of this, I suspect it's an issue with my setup. :^(

That option will behave as you have noticed, giving just initial posts from threads. If you are looking to get every message from the forum, try this feed instead: http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/siemensplm/rss/boardmessages?board.id=solid-edge-forum

Well, that sort of worked.  When I added that feed it did download replies.  But for some reason it only downloaded the most recent messages (about 20 in all).  And for some reason Thunderbird would not display them in threaded form (just a straight list of messages).  So still not quite what I was hoping for.  Any suggestions on how to fix those issues?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it!

Feeds usually do not include the whole history for long threads. I doubt we're going to change the way Lithium handles it. Is there some reason you don't want to come here to the forum site?

Convenience.  I find it more convenient to monitor forum activity via my email client (Thunderbird) than using a web browser.  I really liked the old system in that regard, although I realize it had some limitations.  Thanks for the help.

The feed will keep you up to date, but won't reach as far back in time as you want. That shouldn't be a problem going forward, as long as you keep receiving the feed. Thx for asking.

Is there anyway to get a threaded view of the messages?  That (and time) would take care of most of complaints.  Thanks again.