Radius dimension changing

Creator
Creator

Hello Guys,

I have a radius dimension on section view and the value is constantly  changing when you move dimension around the radius and in principle view it is behaving normal. i have attached the files.

Kevin

6 REPLIES

Re: Radius dimension changing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Could be 1 of three things I can think of off the top of my head. 

Can you send the model so i can try myself. 

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

As @ChrisMorgan suggests, it could be a number of things.....such as section cut not being perpendicular to the feature, or the feature not being a continuous radius, or even the feature not being concentric.

Very difficult to offer a reasonable diagnosis, without the PAR & DFT files to verify against.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

Thanks guys for the response. unfortunatley I can't upload the files as suggested.

I will try to rectify the problems as you have suggested.

Thanks

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

How was the dish modeled? It would appear that for some reason it is not a portion of a sphere, which it looks like it should be. If it is indeed a sphere, the only way the radius could differ is if the section is NOT PERPENDICULAR to the view and I think that is impossible by definition for a section view.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Its just a curved cutout Dan, i initially thought it was as sphere which might make it more likely to be an error.  Either the circle profile has come in from create 3d or similar and is not quite round after a file conversion. or it is on a plane not quite perpendicular to the model.  The cutting plane as suggested would only make a difference it was actually a sphere. 

Hard work without the model / dft.

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I found the problem in the model itself. I managed to work around it with help of the forum members.

Thanks