Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent material used

Phenom
Phenom

I typically create a lot of assemblies that use the same material as well as sheetmetal gauge. I always create the new components in place and have the material library automatically prompt me for my material choice, while the recent material type is nice what about a feature or check box that would allow both the same material and gauge to be used?  I usually create in place and then edit or create that component, occasionally I'll create 10-20 components in place but remain in the assembly to keep creating the individual empty filest. This works, only downfall to this is not skipping a precreated part when going to the next component.

Usually these are 7 ga. or 1/4" steel plates that are flat and are fixtures for tube frame chassis

Thoughts? 

-Craig
4 REPLIES

Re: Recent material used

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

One thought....while not as clean as an actual system implemented solution,....you could set various templates up for those specific thicknesses.

I have my sheet metal template set to the most common material & thickness I generally design around....and alter at the auto prompt for material, if different.

PS: Love your work!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Or maybe you could use properties manager in the inspect tab and finalize the materials there?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I don't where you can change the gage in there> only material

-Craig

Yeah, good point. And I was thinking you could create materials that include a fixed gauge but apparently not.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200