Recent material used

Legend
Legend

I typically create a lot of assemblies that use the same material as well as sheetmetal gauge. I always create the new components in place and have the material library automatically prompt me for my material choice, while the recent material type is nice what about a feature or check box that would allow both the same material and gauge to be used?  I usually create in place and then edit or create that component, occasionally I'll create 10-20 components in place but remain in the assembly to keep creating the individual empty filest. This works, only downfall to this is not skipping a precreated part when going to the next component.

Usually these are 7 ga. or 1/4" steel plates that are flat and are fixtures for tube frame chassis

Thoughts? 

-Craig
4 REPLIES

Re: Recent material used

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

One thought....while not as clean as an actual system implemented solution,....you could set various templates up for those specific thicknesses.

I have my sheet metal template set to the most common material & thickness I generally design around....and alter at the auto prompt for material, if different.

PS: Love your work!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Or maybe you could use properties manager in the inspect tab and finalize the materials there?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend

I don't where you can change the gage in there> only material

-Craig

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, good point. And I was thinking you could create materials that include a fixed gauge but apparently not.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200