Rectangular parts pattern in assembly

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I used the rectangular pattern in a part to duplicate some holes in sheet metal and used the same pattern in an assembly to put tubes through the holes.  Now I need to connect the ends of the tubes in assembly and I need new patterns for them.

After you select rectangular pattern in assembly and select the part to be duplicated, the message at the bottom says to click on the part or the sketch to use as a pattern.  What I did was open my sheet metal parts and added 2 more sketches with the patterns I need, however, I can't figure out how to select these sketches at this step.

Thank you,

Ali

4 REPLIES

Re: Rectangular parts pattern in assembly

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not certain exactly what you mean but if it's the same pattern as in the psm you select the psm model and then the pattern of holes. The asm uses that hole pattern.

You could also have a pattern sketch in the asm.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Basically I need 3 similar, but not identical patterns.  I applied the first pattern to my seed hole and created the hole pattern.  The other two pattern I want to use to duplicate "U" bends to connect the ends of the tubes together.

My question is, is there a way to select the 2 sketeches already in my part file in assembly?  I'm using ordered.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure you can't access the sketches in the parts from the assembly for patterns. You could make sketches in the assembly like those then use them.

Edit: Just tried this; you can copy the sketches from the part to the assembly and it retains the sketch parameters. Make sure you turn on peers so you can position the sketch.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you.  Re-creating the sketches in assembly worked. Smiley Happy