Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding base view in drafting

Builder
Builder
Hi,
Is there any settings while inserting base view in drafting. i.e. if I select New -> Create draft from active model, then first view come in isometric, but I want to it insert as a Top View or In Front View. Is it possible?

Thanks

Somnath
Regards,

Somnath Pore
Univision Automation
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Regarding base view in drafting

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The default behavior is determined by model type. I don't think there is a way to change it. Of course it is possible to change the orientation before placing the view.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/110/se_help/training/en_US/xid101...

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@Somnath_Pore  

When placing a a view with Drawing View Wizard, you can change the settings and then save those settings.  If for instance you always want a Top view when placing your assemblies, you would select the top view while using the Wizard and then use the Saved Settings button to save that.  Using that saved setting will always place the top view now.

To make it automatic, open your Solid Edge Options while in a DFT file and go to the Drawing View Wizardpage.  In the middle of the page is an Assembly Drawing Views section and one of the lines in it is the "Saved Settings" organized by Small, Medium, Large assembly occurence counts.  Set the Saved Setting field to the saved setting you created for the size of assembly needed or set them all for any assembly size and Apply.

Now when placing assembly Drawing Views you will have the Top view shown automatically.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

I don't find this Saved Settings in ST8 Drawing View Wizard. Did this come out in ST9?

Cool @KennyG. Wasn't aware of that. On the other hand I never had a need for it.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I wasn't either @bshand but when looking around I found in the Options where you could set the usage of a Saved Setting from the DVW, which we never use.  I then wondered if DVW Saved Setting would maintain the view orientation, and to my surprise they did!  SE has so many hidden features but you got to dig to find them.

Ken

@Trikefreak I'm not sure when it came out.  Here is a pic of the SE 2019 DVW command bar with the button outlined in red.

2018-09-14_15-19-41.png

Ken

Hi @Somnath_Pore

Hi @KennyG

the "new" drawing wizzard of SE draft IMHO came with ST6 and will be there in ST8 too.

This enhancement IMHO was one of the most efficienttools in draft area to speed up the drawing view creation process.

You not only can save the default method of creating views for any type of 3D document, You also will get a quick access to several view layouts in the drop down menu.

Define Your layouts for parts, sheet metals and assemblies, and from that moment on it really is easy and fast.

So for example for PSM I have the default of showing the flat pattern.

After defining the different draft view configs, You will find them in the DraftWizzard.txt file in the Reports folder.

So defining it once, all members of Your group can contribute and use them.

See short video of using and where define them:

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang