Related with one Relationship?

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Think i heard about this awhile back. i just related a part with one relationship. why would this happen?

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES

Re: Related with one Relationship?

Phenom
Phenom

If a cone  was mated to a cone, that defines everything.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Was it set that way, with "Capture Fit" maybe?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend

it's not a cone. this part was just made and inserted in. no capture fit....wierd

Phenom
Phenom

No, there is also a fixed axial alignment needed.

I have seen this bug also. Suppres the relationship, make the other needed relationship(s) and unsuppres the firt one. This worded for me.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Phenom
Phenom

I've seen this as well. Saving, closing, and reopening will often times also change this incorrectly fully constrained situation.

-Dylan Gondyke

PLM World Member Legend
When relationships constrain a part before it should be constrained, I check the Error Report for other parts that have failed relationships. If there are failed relationships on other parts of the assembly, I fix or suppress those. Under-constrained parts are ok, just look for failed or unsatisfied relationships.

Keep in mind that the solver is trying to simultaneously solve all assembly relationships, not just the new one you are adding. Conflicts anywhere in the assembly can cause issues.

HTH,
Jason