Remove Break Lines on Dimensions in Draft

Builder
Builder

Is there a way to remove the break lines on linear and angled dimensions on the draft drawing?  There doesn't seem to be a handle to grab and re-orient the dimension text by itself.  Attaached is an example from Creo Parametric of what I'm looking to do.

Thanks,

Matt

10 REPLIES

Re: Remove Break Lines on Dimensions in Draft

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

You can do this by double cllicking the callout [shortcut to edit properties], go to the "Text & Leader" tab, select the check box for "Fill text with background color". Easiest target to select callouts, is the leader lines.

ST7_Draft_CallOutText_FillTextWithBackgroundColor.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Builder
Builder

Hi Sean,

I was referring to the break lines, or the "hook" on angle and vertical dimensions.  On the screen shot I attached previously, you could see the .38 directly above the dimension line.  The 30° angle also had the "hook" missing.

If you put a radius or diameter dimension on a drawing, you can pick a point between the break line and the dimension text.  You can then drag the point towards the leader and remove the break line.  This point doesn't seem to exist on a angle or vertical dimension though.  I was hoping there was another way.

Thanks,

Matt

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Are you talking about this?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Or are you talking about this ?Break line.PNG

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Not sure how/if you can do that. I can tell you that violates every world drafting standard. :-)

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Builder
Builder

I'd like to do with a dimension what Geo did with a Callout.  The link below shows Creo Parametric's ability to relocate text in dimensions (It's about the only thing that's nice about Creo by the way).  I'd like to accomplish this in Solid Edge, but as Dan said, it's probably not possible.  There would likely be a point to pick and drag like in a callout

http://screencast.com/t/pJXKnrRI

Thanks anyway.

Matt

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Not a fan -- as it is not in the world standards for a reason -- but you can accomplish this by right clicking the dimension, go to the lines and coordinates tab, and setting "break line" to 0 x Font size.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Builder
Builder
Thanks Dan! That works great.

Matt

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi.

I just unchecked the break line in the properties.

Geo.