Solved! Go to solution

Remove Stud.

Hello,

So I found this sheet metal file but there is a stud in the part? I need some help removing it. Any suggestions? Im not too familar with removing faces, etc.

Thanks,

D.L.B.

16 REPLIES

Re: Remove Stud.

can you save as parasolid and repost?

i only have st6 at this time .

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kreider_guy
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Very easy in synchronous. In ordered you could cut it away but it will leave those cuts as features in the pathfinder.

For synchronous right click on the body feature and "move to synchronous". Put a window around the stud and hit delete. Done.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP6 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Is this what you want?

Hi there,

I ran the "Optimize" command [on the Inspect tab] prior to deleting the faces that made up the stud.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

yes, thanks... but it appears that Sean may have already solved your issue in native st7...

good luck

agreed,

i opened the parasolid (st6) into a sync part.  fence selected the pin and simply hit delete...

Sean,

'I ran the "Optimize" command [on the Inspect tab] prior to deleting the faces that made up the stud.'

What did that gain you?

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

bshand wrote:

What did that gain you?

Actually, only my personal sanity.....every time I see an error in the feature tree, I simply MUST clear it. Robot Embarassed

Seems if you start deleting the stud faces the error clears during the process.

I didn't bother with a Synch method, as the file was alread in Ordered.....so stuck with it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

What do you mean by "deleting the stud faces"? Something other than cut features?

Bruce Shand