Remove decimal point?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Is there formatting to remove a decimal point from an annotation display.

For example, I have a variable with the value 17.875. For part numbering and digit limitation purposes I want to display 1788. Is there a way to get that done? This is using the annotation callout function. I know how to add a switch to limit the charactors, but I dont know how to control the rounding remove the decimal display. I believe the existing rounding rules only applies to dimensions.

3 REPLIES

Re: Remove decimal point?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I found that the rounding happens automatically as the number of digits are controlled. The list of switches does not include decimal formatting other than comma vs decimal. I don't believe this can be done. A work around would have been to display the two caractors left of the decimal followed by the two charators right of the decimal if I could only display the two charactors right of the decimal place.

Is there a way to "truncate" the number so I could subtract the truncated number from the full number....then display the result to gain the last two decimal places?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can you create another variable were the number is multiplied by 100, and then don't show any decimal places?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Great solution Grundey.