Solved! Go to solution

Renaming draft with parts etc using Revision manager.

Hi all.

As the topic states, is there a way to change the drawing number with the parts and assemblies using revision manager? Everytime I change the part numbers I have to go to each and every drawing and change them manually and edit links all over again.

Thanks

9 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christiaan_Lab
‎11-23-2015 08:14 AM

Re: Renaming draft with parts etc using Revision manager.

I think you're asking if you can do also re-name the draft files along with the part and asm files. You can - under the tools tab do a where used search to also pull up the drafts so you can set them to rename/copy/move at the same time. This way links will be preserved.

[ Edited ]

The where-used results will show up in the lower window of revman. Click somewhere in the lower window to make it the active one. You can then select .dfts manually or select all by type. Make sure you never have anything selected in the lower window that is in the upper window or "Actions" will be greyed-out.

If you do the where-used first and select the actions for the files you want things like wildcard name and/or path changes will apply to files in both windows.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

When renaming a PAR for example, "before" you click on the ICON to rename the file-s-" it's necessery to click on the lower windows on the where used links and to click on "UPDATE ALL", otherwise the files would be renamed but the Assemblies will miss the renamed files in Solid Edge/3D and they should be replaced manualy...

Yasser

I think the bigger issue here is updating the links between models and assocoated draft files. It's easy to rename a model and the associated draft file in rev manager, but the link under manage will still show the path to the old model file. I wish tere was an easier way to do it.

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

Where is the update all button ?????? Never seen that.

this is update button not ''update all ''... Smiley Sad

Sorry I have to translate from Solid Edge with the german Interface to English one Smiley Sad

In that RevMan picture notice the actions in the ribbon are greyed out. It's because the part selected in the lower window is present in the upper window. So, it needs to be selected in the upper window.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200