Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering with ST10 student edition

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear users

I downloaded ST10 student edition recently and I am wondering how to get high quality renderings. The keyshot version is limited and imho of no use, as it just offers lo-res low quality screenshots, no saving etc.

Did I miss something? Are there other solutions to render solid edge models, I mean free solutions.

Regards

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Rendering with ST10 student edition

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @freeter .

using the free Student version of SE only is equivilant to the SE Foundation for professional use, and there no Keyshot for Solid Edge is included.

Using those features too will request at least Classic or Premium and this is the University version for the academic program.

But this license is not free of charge.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Wolfgang Thank you for your reply. I expected that the keyshot functionality costs. But I guess I am not the only one who tries to get high quality renderings out of the student version of SE. Is there any free third party renderer which is used here? I tested blender and sketchup. They fail already importing an SE assembly where the different parts are not combined to one single model. Regards

Hi @freeter

this is something I have not evaluated so far and for me personally there is no reason to do since I have a Classic and therefore Keyshot for Solid Edge too.

But have You asked at Your University wether the have or wanted to have a University Edition of SE.

There is not only Keyshot as addon but also Standard Parts, xPresRoute, WireHarness and Simulation included.

And this IMHO for a University and its students is worth to get it.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

In fact, my university days are long ago. I do not have any possibility to get access to a university license. Thats why I am asking. And even the keyshot trial version is completely cripled.

Hard to belive that I am the only one with a demand for a free third party renderer.

Hi @freeter

to be honest:

"What on earth is for free?"

And acedemic or student license encloses the right verb: "academic or student usage"

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

I appreciate further help which contributes to my question.

Ragards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think what @hawcad is referring to is the Student Edition End User License Agreement that you accepted and agreed to adhere to as part of the terms to receive the Student Edition software:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/eula/online-terms-academic.shtml