Repeat Parts in a welment cutlist

I have a weldment that was created by creating multiple solid bodies in a part, then publishing it to create an assembly containing all the individual parts.  

The issue I am having is that some of the parts are the same geometry, but an individual part was created for each.  This is causing an issue when creating a cut list because SE is seeing each part as its own not as multiple copies of one part.  

Is there a way to have the parent part use one body multiple times and publish only the one part rather that publishing multiple part?

3 REPLIES

Re: Repeat Parts in a welment cutlist

It seems like you need to keep one of the identical published parts, delete the other, and replace the deleted one with the kept one in the assembly(s).

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I think in order to replace parts in the published assembly, you might have to break the link to the parent multi-body part file.  I don't believe Replace Part is available to replace one design body for another while still linked back.

You could simply exclude the one design body from appearing in your cut list and modify the QTY of the other (manually in the list or via Occurrence Properties).

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Yes, you're correct. I was assuming that one would break the link.

Actually I'm not sure of the advantage of designing a weldment this way. Why not just model it directly as an assembly?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200