Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat a part laterally x number of times

Creator
Creator

In an assembly, is it possible to repeat a part "x" number of times along a line? Such a fins in a radiator in a car. The pattern tool wants me to select a part with the pattern to use. I don't have any feature I want to define it with, I simply want to say in this "x and y area, give me x number of parts along this line".

What are your thoughts? Really appreciate your time.

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Repeat a part laterally x number of times

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SCMustang

why not using a Curve Pattern along a line.

Here You can define everything what You requested.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Repeat a part laterally x number of times

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @SCMustang,

When in Assembly, the pattern command has a couple of ways to function, either deriving the pattern from features within an existing part in the assembly [like my gusset pattern image, based on number of holes in the flange], or from a "Pattern - placed in a Sketch".....both are very effective.

2017-11-09 (1).png

Perhaps, this "OLD" student edition forum topic will be of help, in your approach to radiator modelling.

>> https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Student-Edition-Forum/Modeling-an-interco... << 

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Repeat a part laterally x number of times

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

Hi,

You must then define the pattern first. Since you don't have any patterned features that define the pattern, you can use assembly sketch to define the pattern. Make the pattern definition like you would in a part (click sketch, then the plane you want it on, then in your sketch ribbon, select the pattern method you want to use (Rectangular, Polar or along curve) then finish. You can now use this sketch as your pattern definition.

Shane Murray
ST10 MP8