Repeated Crashing in V19 on Win7

I am running v19.00.00.66 copied across and re-installed on a Win7 x64 machine (formerly WinXP Pro x32 machine).

The application often fails to save the current work file (.par, .psm, .dft or .asm), saving only a temporary file (.tmp) that can be retrieved and 'Saved As', it is just very annoying to have to do this all the time.

Is there a fix, or update, that will stop this happening? It is bearable for the small amount of jobs I have to do at present, but when I go back to using it properly it will become a real pain!

6 REPLIES

Re: Repeated Crashing in V19 on Win7

I don't believe V19 is approved on Windows 7...I know it was on XP...that may be the issue. Also you reinstalled it from a x32 to a x64 bit...did you install the x64 bit on Windows 7?

Yes I did re-install it on a 64-bit machine from a 32-bit machine, the 64-bit machine is running Windows 7

There should be an option for 32 or 64 bit when installing it right? or were they sold as a 32 bit or a 64 bit program.....not sure

Well, whether there was or not (can't remember now), it is crashing in 64 bit. Are you suggesting I should try to re-install?

I believe he is suggesting to install it as 32 bit because the version you have was design for XP (32 bit)

19 was never written or patched to be used in Windows 7 which was quite different from XP. There were many issues that made it incompatable. It is not an issue of 32 vs. 64 bit.  You have no solution other than returning to XP or upgrading Solid Edge to a version that supports Windows 7.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1