Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Replace multiple parts/sub-assemblies at a time

Legend
Legend
@aslam.

I've been playing a bit the data prep tools again.
I do have 1 question; when doing the rename, do file have to be kept in the same folder structure or can we temporary move all file to a separate structure moving is back to the new/original folder structure...?

If this is the case, it can be done easily...
--------------------------------------------------
Marc Boom
marc.boom@outlook.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello @marcboom,

Yes, we can move files to temporary folder structure. But it must be moved again to previous folder structure.

Regards,
Aslam

Legend
Legend
@aslam.

I have been playing a bit yesterday to get it working again; it has been some time for me i have used the tools.
I have taken a selection of files (from as larger ASM) and used these as a sample.
It did not workout 100% as it should be, but you will get the message.

In the XLSX you can play with formulas in the way you would like to automate things like Part N# / Document N#/ File name and new file location (folder).
This, IMHO, would save you a lot of time doing large QTY of files, which from a ‘spider web’ with their links spread among each other… 😉

I advise you to a small test in the beginning before you do the millions of files required to be processed.

The Youtube files are
https://youtu.be/VNoUO6xAQzw; This is part 1. It’s about 1 hour and it is real time. It may contain some items you already know and it also contains some errors.
https://youtu.be/KoS6RyFqydc; This is part2. It finally continued… Is do not know why, because I did not change anything.
https://youtu.be/c9NXcp-wNHU; And the final part. I check is in the morning after the links had been resolved. It still contains some ‘errors’ but this has to do with the fact that I did not use a super clean sample.

If you still have any question, please let me know.

--------------------------------------------------
Marc Boom
marc.boom@outlook.com

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @aslam

I promised You to make a video, showing the usage of the Design Manager for copy/rename several files and drafts in one operation.

Attached You will find a short example and of course I apologize the German interface.

But setting it to English would not work together with the setup of the BiDM (Build In Data Management)

So just look onto the symbols, the should be the same in any language.

(view in My Videos)

Hope it helps!

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you very much @hawcad. I really appreciate it. I will check the video and will try it.

Regards,
Aslam

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you @marcboom for your tremendous work.

I will check and try it.

Regards,
Aslam

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @aslam

welcome!

regards
Wolfgang