Solved! Go to solution

Replacement for Adobe reader ?

Hi,

Does someone know a decent replacement for the adobe acrobat reader. For viewing 3d pdf files.

But it should be a universal thing also that can do both view office documents en 2D/3D CAD models.

And yes the acrobat reader is sufficient for 3d but slow for documents

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user
5 REPLIES

Re: Replacement for Adobe reader ?

I don't know anything else than acrobat for 3D PDFs and use it only for that.

For 2D PDFs I do use PDF-XChange Viewer, very fast and very powerfull and of course Free.

Give it a try and judge yourself. If you open a 3D PDFs with it, there is a link to open it in Adobe Acrobat, so it is just one click away.

Cheers

Hi Fiorini,

Thanks for the fast reply. But no thanks I really want to have an integrated solution.

And yes PDF Xchange is powerfull and does have a nice price setting right now.

Is there no integrated 3d pdf viewer except Adobe acrobat reader, Tetra 4D...$$$$$$$

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xedu
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I did try on a virtual machine this solution:
http://www.bluebeam.com/

but it was too slow, maybe it's time for a try on the desktop pc

Fiorini,

I will look at it later. Thanks

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

Hi Fiorini,

I have installed the bb revu trail software. And I must say until now it does everything I want to have in the editor. It is not so powerfull in the area of text related editing. But is very powerfull in CAd related editing. Like the visual search command. That's really superb. Hopefully it does not crash to many like my nuance pdf pro. The only two minus points I have right now is that there is no plugin for total commander and you cannot open prc created 3dpdf's.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user